Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The Brock Turner Outrage

I'm not normally one to go out of my way to state my opinion online, especially when it comes to Red Pill, gender related issues. Lately, however, I've been getting bombarded by outrage-media-driven, sexiest nonsense on social media at an alarming rate. What's even more troubling is how quickly everyone jumps on board the outrage train without taking a closer look at the minimal evidence presented, or using any level of critical thinking.

More specifically, I found the outrage related to this story is especially troubling. The gist of the story is a man named Brock Turner was found drunkenly having sex with an unconscious, half naked woman behind a dumpster by two men passing by. He was pulled off of her, and held there until police arrived. Brock received a sentence of six months in county prison, which many readers believe is too light of a sentence for such a serious crime.

Now, I know what you're thinking...."Leon, are you really going to defend this dirt bag after what he did?" I'll start off by stating that anyone who thinks getting trashed and having sex behind a dumpster is a good idea likely isn't going anywhere worth being in life. That said, how did this happen? Lets use some critical thinking here and put together the handful of pieces that we do have. According to this article, "unidentified 23-year-old" was attending a fraternity party where she admitted to drinking, but remembers nothing of the incident. Now, I'll be the first one to say that if there was any GHB involved, this guy absolutely deserves the level of hate he's getting, and absolutely deserves the maximum sentence. However, there was no report of GHB anywhere in any story I was able to find related to this event. Seems pretty likely she would have been tested for date rape drugs if she really did only have a few drinks and was found totally unresponsive, and if she was positive for any of them, there isn't a chance in hell the media wouldn't have jumped at the opportunity to use this as the newest prime example illustrating dangers of being a woman on a college campus in the rape culture that is western society.

At the very least, there is no published evidence I've managed to find that suggests anything other than alcohol is responsible for her unresponsive state. Which really isn't that uncommon in fraternity parties, so this much shouldn't come as a surprise. At this point, you have several options as to how this could have potentially played out. The "unidentified 23-year-old" was clearly black out drunk by the end of the night, but she remembers drinking at the party. Anyone who's ever had alcohol before knows that there is a significant amount of time between "I've had a few beers" and "I don't know how I got behind that dumpster or where my pants went." So, which seems more likely...

Scenario 1: 
Brock and "unidentified 23-year-old" have both had several drinks at a frat party, when he drunkenly knocks the "unidentified 23-year-old" out cold in the middle of the party before dragging her outside behind a dumpster and rapes her.

or

Scenario 2:
Brock and "unidentified 23-year-old" have both had several drinks at a frat party, start making out and decide they need to go somewhere quieter. Go outside, find their way to the dumpster, and start having sex. At some point "unidentified 23-year-old" passes out.

I understand that I took a fairly extreme case for scenario 1, but only to highlight everyone jumping on this bandwagon. The "unidentified 23-year-old" remembers absolutely nothing, which leaves Brock's word against the press. If Brock really didn't have consent, he has no reason to tell the truth. The media hasn't listed enough facts to prove Brock did not have consent. So basically, no one knows what actually happened.

If this exact same scenario played out again, but if instead of being found behind a dumpster having sex, the two woke up in Las Vegas passed out in a rental car with no money in Brock's bank account, it is very unlikely that "unidentified 23-year-old" would have been tried for theft, let alone garnered anywhere near this much attention from the press, especially if neither party had any memory of the night before. Brock would have simply been written up as the village idiot and the world would have moved on.

Rape is the only crime in the United States where the notion of "innocent until proven guilty" goes down the toilet as soon as the Feminine Agenda needs to make an example out of someone.

So there you have it, a man given a six month prison sentence for a charge no one has any credible evidence of, yet everyone involved in the telling of this story thus far has been calling out for Brock to serve a life sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment